Tuesday 9 April 2013

MBFWA 2013 DIARY - AMBER D OF MAC COSMETICS

Amber D is a senior stylist for MAC Cosmetics and travels the Fashion Week circuit annually, working on some of the world's most prestigious shows. This week she is keeping a behind-the-scenes diary of her experience at MBFWA 2013. We are collaborating on our coverage of MBFWA 2013 with Always Sometimes Anytime. Head over here to check out their coverage.

- Amber D

Well, unusually for my fashion week life (NY, London, Tokyo and now Sydney all in the last 7ish weeks) I eased into the week with a day that included a 8am makeup test with the lovely Kate Sylvester. That went without a hitch and I can't wait to share the look, it has a real freshness to it that sits so perfectly alongside Kate's impeccable collection.

My only other show today was the always quiet and subdued Romance Was Born. (That's a lie, it's always crazyyyyyytown in the best possible way). The look for the show was directed by global makeup legend Val Garland. She of Gaga, Westwood and historic McQueen. I'm so lucky that I have worked with her on many shows on Europe but I have been reminded by the Australian MAC artists of just how amazing that very first time working alongside such a legend can be - lots of them had tears welling up from the emotion of it all!

The show had 4 key looks and Val did classic Val. Giving the MAC team the basic idea behind the look then empowering the team to being their own unique flair to the makeup.

We used a vast array of mac pigments and glitters, I used an entire Penultimate liquid liner in my Race to get a whole lotta graphic liner on!




No comments:

Post a Comment