Thursday 20 December 2012

An Interview with Christina Dietze from SRC783


Elle Packham catches up with Christina Dietze, the girl behind SRC783.

What’s behind the name SRC783?
SRC783 is my license plate number! I couldn't think of a name when I started my blog so I used it as a filler with the intention of changing it… but I never did.

How has your Tumblr changed since you first began blogging?
I originally started blogging with Blogspot and then made the move to Tumblr once my blog became more image-based. The content has changed drastically – it depends on what inspires me at the time and how my style changes.

What do you most love about Tumblr?
I love cruising Tumblr and being able to be inspired in a matter of minutes. Looking at a person’s Tumblr is like looking at their high school diary – you're able to get a glimpse into someone's creative mind. I love that Tumblr has opened up a window where people like myself can share and discuss what inspires them on a global scale.

What do you dislike about Tumblr?
I’m not a fan of the cyber bullying that seems to come with having a successful Tumblr page. I also don't like coming across pro-anorexia or eating disorder blogs that are sometimes associated with fashion blogs… I find these really disturbing and I hate the idea of young girls looking at them.

What is the interaction like between you and your followers?
I”m always happy to talk with people through my Tumblr. My rule is, if it’s a good question I’ll answer it. But I have no time to react to negative comments from anonymous weirdos.

What characterises a blog-able image for you?
This changes on a daily basis! Although if it’s a photo of River Phoenix or ‘90s Kate Moss it’s pretty much a guaranteed re-blog from me.

What are your favourite Tumblrs and blogs?
My friends’ blogs – Anniieemal, Spencernotspencer and Circa Now, and tat-art, Bleedgold and Fraile Tumblrs.

At New Zealand fashion week this year we saw “Tumblr fashion” developing as a major trend. How would you define Tumblr style? 
Tumblr style is platform sneakers, coloured hair, acid wash denim, tie-dye t-shirts, sports branded anything, bindis, studded chokers, pigtails, bruises and selfies.

Who or what do you predict as next to be Tumblr famous?  
By the time this interview goes to print Tumblr will have been through 20 tumblr famous trends and people so my prediction will be hopeless! Right now people are writing quotes on paint swatches, and to be honest I can’t stand it! 

What do you get up to when you’re not blogging?
Working on my new magazine SRC783, trawling through op shops and markets searching for treasures, eating great food in good company, reading, talking, skating, driving, wearing trackies, watching films… and dancing until I have to change my shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment